Monday 16 April 2012

The wilderness downtown

My address did not contain enough street-view or google data to 100% enjoy the experience and then told me to enter the address of my school, so I did. It didn't find that either, now getting long winded, so I entered my village.

Takes forever to load

FOREVER
and ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever
And ever and ohh....
No, And ever
And ever
And it's not responding.
Great.
"this is a google chrome experiment" - give up, it's awful.
STILL loading

"featuring 'we used to wait'"- what a joke! I think I'd rather play desert bus.

I'm going to sing a song

We're gonna skate to one song and one song only,
Ball so hard muhfuckers wanna fine me

So I ball, so hard muhfuckers wanna fine me, 
But first niggas gotta find me,
What's 50 grand to a muhfucker like me, can you please remind me?
Ball so hard that shit crazy
Y'all don't know that don't shit phase me...

Dinner time now...NOM
Oooh, vegetable pasta and chicken. Taste good, strong garlic with a hint of oregano. (still loading)

Okay, I reloaded it,  and it appeared a long time after. It was okay, but it was strange. It had on the beat editing, which is conventional of music videos and  i thought that the featuring of my village was a nice touch although having cartoon trees blow up in it was a bit weird.

Postcard was strange
Birds land on it
Trees on my street

The lyrics do not have any connection with the visuals other than the postcard  with 'I'm gonna write a letter to my true love'.

this could be seen as postmodern as it blurs the boundary of music video and an interactive game. This does not have a purpose, it is interactive for the sake of being interactive, which is conventional also of the postmodern movement.

for years audiences have had to be passive, but this music video is allowing us to be active, although in this case I would rather have watched a music video

No comments:

Post a Comment