Tuesday 28 February 2012

150 Word Mini Task

How have you combined the "same but different" (N. Lacey 1999) and the "familiar and the unexpected" (G. Burton 2000)?

I have combined the "same but different" within my magazine as I tried to be creative by the use of simplicity (which was different in my eyes) however, during the evaluation stages, it became obvious that this, in actual fact, was the same as what most other magazines within the rock/indie genre aim to do such NME's special edition magazines and Qs simplisitc approach along with IQ magazine. They use a minimalist approach with the basic theory work of: rules of thirds, male gaze and a tri-colour scheme.

With my digipak I had similar problems, I had to follow the basic conventions of a CD pack (dimensions, number of frames, front and back cover etc.) whilst using quite an arty approach to achieve an indie feel magazine and display my creativity. These conventions were familiar with me, but it was unexpected just how hard they are to achieve when you're creating your own.

Word Count: 153

No comments:

Post a Comment